Kathie Higgins, LPC, LMFT, LCDC, LSOTP
Allied Youth and Families
Established Allied Youth and Families in 1980. Thirty nine years in practice, twenty eight years experience of working with people who have sex offenses.
- MA Criminal Justice - John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York, New York.
- BA Psychology - Mercy College, Dobbs Ferry, New York
THE ALTERNATIVES PROGRAM
- Specializes in the treatment of adult men who have committed sexual offenses.
- Offense cycle work within a group setting.
- People can safely talk about their deviant behavior and lifestyle with the idea of change and creating a positive lifestyle for themselves and others.
- One of the goals is to learn and understand what caused the offender to act out so they do not reenact their crime.
- Behavioral controls are learned and olfactory aversion may be required.
- Strategies for managing and controlling sexual deviancy and reducing deviant arousal patterns are taught.
- Reducing thinking distortions and raising the offender's standard of living through a positive vision.
- Transactional Analysis (Parent, Adult, Child ego states) are explored, especially in regard to the rebellious child.